Competitions and Prizes
The following rules shall apply to all competitions, unless other rules are specifically provided in relation to a competition:
1. Competitions are not open to:
a. a director, member, partner, employee or agent of, or consultant to Associated Media Publishing or the promoter (any person who directly or indirectly promotes, sponsors, organises or conducts a competition, or for whose benefit the competition is promoted, sponsored, organised or conducted); or
b. any supplier of goods or services in connection with a competition;
c. the spouse, life partner, business partner or associate, or the natural or adopted parent, child, or sibling, of any of the persons specified above.
2. You may not participate in or be eligible to win a competition if you have won a competition promoted by us within the past three months. You will be eligible to participate in a competition promoted by us after the expiry of three months after the date on which you won the last competition.
3. Unless otherwise stated, only one entry per person is allowed. Where more than one entry is received by the same person or email address, only the first entry received will be deemed valid.
4. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable.
5. Entrants must reside in South Africa.
6. It is your responsibility to ensure that any information which you provide to us is accurate, complete and up to date.
7. If you use a mobile phone for entry into the competition, the telephone calls / text messages you make will be charged at the prevailing rates, which may vary from time to time. “Free” minutes under a cell-phone contract do not apply.
8. You must possess whatever documents and permissions that may be required in order to accept and use a prize, including, as regards to international travel, a valid passport and all necessary visa and travel documentation, which documents and permissions it is your responsibility to obtain at your own cost, and which documents and permissions must remain valid in such minimum form and for such minimum period after the prize date as may be required by the relevant authorities.
9. Prize allocation to be provided in accordance with the allocated project budget. If any advertiser/affiliate/supplier/promotor with whom Associated Media Publishing works in relation to a prize fails or neglects to provide the prize, then it shall not be exchanged for cash but a suitable replacement prize, to be determined at the sole discretion of Associated Media Publishing, shall be provided.
10. Entrants must be eighteen years or older at the time of entering the competition.
11. The winner(s) consents to his/her name, biographical details and involvement in the competition being made available to the sponsors, for publicity and prize delivery purposes.
12. Associated Media Publishing accepts no liability for any entries that may be lost.
13. Winners use the prize at their own risk. Associated Media Publishing and the promotor shall not be liable for any loss, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person’s negligence, including gross negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using the prize.
14. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and agreed to be bound by them when entering. These rules are legal and binding upon entrants.
15. Associated Media Publishing reserve the right to cancel, modify or amend the competition at any time, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control.
16. The winners will be notified by means of the contact details provided to us. If we are, or a third party supplier is, unable to contact a winner within seven working days of first notification from Associated Media Publishing or its representative, the winner will forfeit the prize and Associated Media Publishing reserves the right to re-draw a new winner under the same conditions.
17. In the event that you win a prize you agree to the publication of your name and to appear in person in the electronic media and the print media, and you agree, within reason, to endorse, promote or advertise our goods or services, for which no fee will be payable.
18. You are hereby notified that you have a right to decline consenting to your name, biographical details and involvement in the competition being made available to sponsors in terms of clause 17 above. You further have the right to decline being photographed for and to appear in a feature in Associated Media Publishing or Associated Media Publishing’ magazines in terms of clause 17 above. Should you wish to exercise either or both of these rights, you shall do so by informing us within five days from you accepting these terms and conditions, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, in which e-mail you shall provide us with particularity of the rights which you wish to exercise. Should you not inform us that you intend exercising these rights within the above five day period, you shall be deemed to have consented to clauses 17 above.
19. In the event that you win a prize provided by a third party supplier, the supplier will contact you to arrange the collection thereof. In this regard, you must collect the prize at the time and date arranged with the supplier of the prize. All correspondence regarding the prize must be directed at the supplier of the prize. Associated Media Publishing will not be responsible for any further correspondence, harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of the prize.
20. We and our third party suppliers, as the case may be, reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which we deem necessary. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, you agree to waive any rights, interests and expectations that you may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against us, our affiliates and third party suppliers.
21. Associated Media Publishing and the judges’ decision on any matter concerning the competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding on you, and no correspondence will be entered into.
You hereby indemnify Associated Magazines and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, advertisers, partners, agents and representatives, and hold them harmless from any and all claims, demands and liabilities (including legal fees on the attorney and own client scale) that may arise from your submissions or provision of content, from your unauthorised use of material obtained from the Website, from your breach of this Agreement, or from any such acts arising through your use of the Website or any other violation of the rights of another person or party.
• Law applying to this Agreement
The Website is operated, controlled and administered by Associated Magazines from its offices within the Republic of South Africa. If you are accessing the Website from outside of South Africa, it is your responsibility to ensure that you comply with the laws of your country. This agreement shall be governed and interpreted by the laws of the Republic of South Africa and you consent to the jurisdiction of the jurisdiction of the Witwatersrand High Court in the event of a dispute or litigation.
• This is the Whole Agreement
This agreement constitutes the sole record of the agreement between us and supersedes all previous agreements. Neither of us shall be bound by any representation, express or implied term, warranty, promise or the like not recorded in this agreement.
• Changes to this Agreement
1. Associated Magazines may change this agreement from time to time and we reserve the right to do so. These changes will become effective from the date on which they are posted to the Website. Accordingly, it is your responsibility to check the Website from time to time to see whether the terms of this agreement have been changed. Your continued use of the Website will be deemed to be an acceptance by you of agreement to these amendments.
2. Other than the variation of this agreement by us placing such amendment on the Website, as mentioned above, no addition to, variation of, novation, or agreed cancellation of this agreement shall be of any force or effect unless in writing.
• No Waiver
No relaxation or indulgence which either of us may grant to the other shall constitute a waiver of the rights of that party and shall not preclude that party from exercising any rights which may have arisen in the past or which might arise in the future.
Should any provision of this agreement be void for vagueness or for any other reason, then that provision of this agreement shall be capable of being severed from the remainder of this agreement, which shall remain of full force and effect.