If you’ve been driving for a long period of time, at some point you would have had to have your car battery serviced or replaced.
To avoid having to have your new battery serviced or replaced prematurely, there are certain things you can do to increase the good health and longevity of it.
Take a look at these tips from Battery Centre to exercise your car battery to its full potential…
- Give regular attention to your battery’s health
- Keep your battery at a near constant temperature, instead of subjecting it to a high or low temperature cycling
- Only use refill battery water from reliable auto shops and ensure the container is sealed
- Buy refill water in small amounts and don’t store indefinitely as it ages and gets contaminated with chlorides, which poisons the electrolyte
- Keep the battery lid and terminals clean
- Get your battery serviced by certified battery specialists. They will check electrolyte levels and top it up with the right battery water. They can also advise you on how best to treat battery terminal corrosion
With a little love, attention and advice from battery experts (and Google) your battery can experience an extended battery life.